Booking Terms & Conditions for:
“Flight Vacations” (vacations that include Just Go Vacations booking you a flight to Europe);
“Landed Vacations” (vacations where you book your own flight to Europe)
1. PARTIES: Your contract is with Just Go Vacations, Llc of 27 North Chestnut Street, New Paltz, NY 12561. Just Go Vacations, Llc will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the vacation.
2. BOOKING & PAYMENT: When a booking is made, the “lead name” on the booking guarantees that he or she is aged 18 or over and has the authority and accepts on behalf of the party the terms of these booking conditions and pays the deposit indicated below and as confirmed in the booking confirmation. After we receive your booking and appropriate payments we will send you a confirmation within 5 days. Please note your booking is not completed or confirmed until we have received your deposit payment. The booking confirmation will include any special requests we have agreed. You have a responsibility to check the booking confirmation carefully to ensure all information is correct.
Deposits per person and the balance due dates (the date before the departure date on which your full balance must be paid) are:
|Booking Date||Deposit Due||Balance Due|
|Vacations booked prior to the date that is 12 weeks before departure||50% of total vacation price||12 weeks before departure date|
|Vacations booked on or after the date that is 12 weeks before departure||Full payment at time of booking||Full payment at time of booking|
You can make payments against your balance anytime between making the booking and the balance due date. If the balance is not paid on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and apply cancellation charges as set out in clause 3 below. For bookings made after the balance due date the full amount is due at the time of booking.
We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 14 days of our sending it to you.
3. VACATION CANCELLATION BY YOU: You may cancel this contract, without any penalty or obligation, within 3 business days from the receipt of the booking confirmation. To cancel the contract you must mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the booking confirmation or any other written notice or send a telegram to JG Vacations, Llc, 27 North Chestnut Street, New Paltz, NY 12561.
If you want to cancel your booking after 3 business days from receipt of your booking confirmation the cancellation charges are based on the following scale:
|Cancellation Date||Cancellation Charge|
|Cancelled by passenger before the date that is 12 weeks before departure||Deposit paid|
|Cancelled by passenger on or after the date that is 12 weeks before departure||100% charge of the vacation price|
Upon cancellation you must return to us any tickets or vouchers you have received.
You may cancel your vacation without paying a cancellation fee before the start of the vacation in the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances in the place of destination or immediate vicinity which may significantly affect (a) the performance of the vacation or (b) carriage of passengers to the destination.
4. VACATION ALTERATION BY YOU: Should you wish to make changes to your booking, or change it to another vacation please advise us as soon as possible. Whilst we cannot guarantee changes can be made to your booking, we will endeavor to meet requests if possible. A fee of $40 per booking will be charged to contribute towards administration costs, in addition we will pass on any costs we incur making the amendment for the following changes made prior to the balance due date: Change of Tour, Departure Date, Pick Up Point or Room Type. You may also transfer your booking to somebody else but that person must satisfy all the conditions of the vacation and you must inform us by letter or email no less than 14 days before departure and the $40 fee would also apply. Other changes after the balance due date will incur cancellation charges. Airline tickets, event tickets, theatre tickets and rail tickets are always non-changeable and non-refundable.
5. ALTERATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS BY US: Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We may also have to cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavor to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor in nature and we consider they do not significantly alter the vacation you have booked. Examples of a minor change are: an itinerary/excursion change such as change of day, a change of accommodation to a similar or better standard, or removal or closure of a hotel facility. Occasionally we have to make a significant change to your vacation. When we refer to a significant change in these Booking Conditions, we mean changes made before departure, examples include: a significant change in itinerary, or a change of accommodation to that of a lower category for the whole or the majority of your vacation. For significant changes and cancellations, if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer the following options to you:
a) Accepting the changed arrangements.
b) Transferring to an alternative vacation specifically offered by us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If we can we will offer you at least one alternative vacation of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original vacation. If this vacation is in fact cheaper than the original one, we will refund the price difference.
c) If you do not wish to accept the vacation we specifically offer you, you may choose any other then available vacation. You must pay an applicable price of any such vacation. This will mean you paying more if it is more expensive or receiving a refund if it is cheaper.
d) Cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above-mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstance beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirements of these Booking Conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or if the change is a minor one. A minor change is any change which taking account of the information you have given us at the time of booking or which we can reasonably be expected to know as a tour operator, we could not expect to have a significant effect on your vacation. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above-mentioned options. Very rarely, we may be forced by ‘force majeure’ (see below) to change or terminate your vacation close to departure or indeed after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely, but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
All of our vacations (both Landed Vacations and Flight Vacations) are coach tour vacations which require a minimum number of passengers booking to be able to operate. In the event that minimum numbers have not been reached, we reserve the right to cancel your vacation and refund all monies paid. We will not cancel for this reason within 12 weeks of departure and we will not pay any compensation in this event. We will contact you by the date 12 weeks before departure to confirm if the vacation is guaranteed to run and if you have booked a Landed Vacation we strongly recommend that you do not book your flight until you have received this confirmation from us. If you do book flights prior to this date we recommend that you book tickets that are totally flexible and refundable.
If we have to cancel your vacation due to the unforeseeable and unavoidable impact of Brexit (the United Kingdom’s process for withdrawing from the European Union) we will refund your vacation cost in full. However, as Brexit is beyond the control of travel companies, compensation in any form will not be applicable or payable to you and the maximum amount we will refund is the vacation cost you paid to us.
Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, we regret we cannot accept any liability, offer any refunds or pay for any loss incurred or compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “force majeure” means any event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid and is therefore an event beyond our or the suppliers’ reasonable control. These events whether actual or threatened include but are not limited to strikes, riots, political/civil unrest, government acts, hostilities, war, terrorist activity, advice from the US or the UK Foreign Office to avoid or leave a country or region, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, viral outbreak, adverse and severe weather conditions, closure, restriction or congestion of airports, ports, stations or other transport hubs.
Concerts, theatre, events, performers and artists: If you are traveling on a tour where the primary reason for travel is a concert or event, we cannot accept responsibility for the non-appearance or the cancellation or curtailment of any event or performance; our responsibility is to provide you with a ticket for the concert or event. Should the situation arise, the vacation arrangements will still proceed and we will not always be in a position to advise you of such an occurrence before you travel. Such occurrences will not constitute a significant change to your vacation arrangements, therefore vacation transfer or cancellation will not be permitted without paying our normal charges for doing so and we regret no refunds, compensation or expenses will be payable.
In the event of cancellation of your booking for any reason whatsoever we will not be liable in anyway whatsoever to refund to you any costs that you have incurred or will incur that have not been paid directly to us as part of your booking, as an example if you have booked a Landed vacation we will have no liability to you for refunding your flight costs from the US if the booking is cancelled.
6. PRICING POLICY: All advertised prices are quoted in US dollars. The prices apply at the time of publishing and may change before you make your booking. Save where stated otherwise, prices are per person and are based on two people sharing the accommodation. Occasionally, an incorrect price may be shown, due to an error, we will endeavor to notify you at the time of booking if we are aware, or as soon as is reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is applicable to the vacation. We reserve the right to increase the cost by way of a surcharge if transportation costs, e.g. fuel, duties, ferry costs or port taxes increase or as a result of fluctuations in the currency exchange rates. We will always bear the first 2% of any such increase.
If any surcharge is greater than 8% of the cost of your vacation paid to us, we will communicate the options to you either through email or letter, with a reminder if necessary. You have 7 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice to tell us if you want to cancel or purchase another vacation. If you do not tell us that you wish to do so within this period of time, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the surcharge. Any surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the vacation or within 7 days of the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice whichever is the later. We will not levy a surcharge within 20 days of the start of your vacation.
Single occupancy of rooms, when available, may be subject to a supplementary charge and these will be shown in the advert or on the web page concerned and noted on your confirmation document.
7. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS AND CARRIER: The name of the carrier with which Just Go Vacations has contracted to provide the vacation elements, including the ground based transportation, is Just Go Holidays Ltd, who uses many independent suppliers to make up the vacation. These suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
8. SPECIAL REQUESTS: All special needs and requests must be advised to us at the time of booking. These cannot be guaranteed but will be noted on your booking confirmation document. If you need assistance, or may not fully be able to enjoy all aspects of your vacation you must tell us in advance so that we can maximize your enjoyment of the vacation. Before booking your vacation, you should be sure that you and your party are physically capable of completing the itinerary. We will not always be able to tell you before you leave if we cannot meet your special requests and we cannot accept your booking on the proviso that the request is honored.
9. ITINERARY CHANGES: It may be necessary, sometimes at short notice, to make changes to an itinerary due to weather, traffic and road conditions or rail network alterations. Regrettably coaches, trains or ships do occasionally break down or certain facilities on board a coach, train or ship may become faulty. Every effort will be made to rectify such issues as quickly as possible. In some instances it may be necessary to replace the vehicle which cannot be repaired. We cannot accept any responsibility for delays or changes to the itinerary caused by any form of breakdown.
10. FLIGHTS: You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the airport at the correct time for your flight for Flight Vacations or Landed Vacations. We cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by clients because of their late arrival at any airport. It is your responsibility to reconfirm your flights directly with the airlines at least 72 hours prior to your departure date (outbound and inbound). Passengers should plan to check in 3 hours prior international flight times. We will not refund any money due to passengers arriving late for check-in and we will not refund moneys for missed flights due to airline schedule change. It is also your responsibility to verify luggage allowance with each airline.
11. TRAVEL DELAY: In the event of a delay on the coach element of tours in Europe of more than 6 hours to the advertised times on any of our vacations, we will do our best to provide meals and refreshments as appropriate. In the event of any flight delays on our vacations we will have no liability to provide you with any services during the delay. When the vacation arrangements include connecting flights and the following flight is missed due to the late arrival of the connecting flight, the liability for any necessary overnight accommodation, meals or refreshments will be the sole responsibility of the airline concerned.
12. TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking with Just Go Vacations, Llc that you and your party each hold adequate travel insurance. Such insurance should ensure that you are fully covered against unexpected cancellation charges, medical expenses arising abroad, including repatriation, loss of luggage or money and personal liability claims. We are required to have a record on file showing that adequate insurance is in place, and by having these details at the office, our staff can assist in contacting your insurance company in the event of an accident, when you may be unable to do so yourself. However, although insurance is very strongly recommended, if you choose not to take out travel insurance then this is done so at your own risk and we will ask you to sign a declination form indemnifying us in full in the event that you or us incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover. Not returning the declination form does not invalidate this clause, the form is for our records only.
13: PASSPORT, VISAS AND TRAVEL PERMITS: All our vacations are sold on the basis that you and those in your party are US Citizens and US passport holders and your passports are machine readable. All travel documents are the responsibility of the passenger. A valid passport with at least 6 months validity after the date of travel is required. You are responsible for checking with the appropriate consulates and respective authorities as visas and/or vaccinations may be required. Note that our agents cannot be expected to know all documentation requirements for your trip. No refunds will be entertained for passengers who cannot embark on an aircraft due to incomplete documentation such as lack of passports or visas or affidavits for minors traveling alone or with only one parent. If you are not a US passport holder, it is your responsibility to seek travel and visa advice from your appropriate embassy. Health requirements for certain countries may change and you must check the up-to-date position in good time before departure.
14. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: It is imperative that if you are unhappy about any aspect of your vacation, you raise the matter IMMEDIATELY with the coach driver, tour manager (if applicable) or accommodation provider. If you do not tell us at the earliest opportunity about a problem giving rise to your complaint, we cannot take steps to investigate and rectify it at the time. Please email us with regard to any unresolved complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take into account the date you first drew the problem to the attention of our driver, tour manager, supplier or ourselves when responding to any subsequent complaint and it may affect your rights under these Booking Conditions. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we cannot accept responsibility, when we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, it is a condition that you write to our Customer Services Manager, quoting your booking reference, with the details of your complaint so that we may commence an investigation. You must send your written complaint to us within 14 days of returning home. We will always try and resolve the matter fairly.
15. RESPONSIBILTY OF SUPPLIERS: Just Go Vacations, Llc, and the carrier Just Go Holidays Ltd, act only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodation, transportation, sightseeing activities, or other services connected with each itinerary. Just Go Vacations, Llc and Just Go Holidays Ltd and their respective employees, agents and representatives accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect or error of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts or acts of nature, local laws or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Just Go Vacations, Llc and Just Go Holidays Ltd are not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in one of the vacations.
16. PASSENGERS WITH HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS: Please note our vacations may not be suitable for people with certain disabilities, dietary requirements or medical conditions. If you have a disability, coaches and trains can be difficult to get on and off and some of our hotels do not offer ground/lower floor accommodation or lifts/easy access. You must tell us if any member of your party suffers from any disability or pre-existing medical condition which may affect their or other people’s vacation – you must provide full written details at the time you book the vacation including any specific requirements that person has. We reserve the right to request a medical practitioner’s certificate confirming fitness to travel. Additionally at the time you book the vacation you must provide written confirmation that all assistance the disabled person requires will be provided by you. In view of the nature of our vacations, we regret we must reserve the right to decline any bookings whenever we feel unable to accommodate the needs of any particular client. If any passenger requires personal assistance then an able bodied companion or carer must travel with them, drivers, tour managers or hotel staff are unable to provide such assistance. We further reserve the right to cancel any vacation and impose cancellation charges if we are not fully advised of any relevant disability or medical condition at the time of booking.
17. PASSENGER BEHAVIOR: We want all our customers to have a happy and carefree vacation. You are responsible for your behavior and hygiene and the effect it may have on others. If you or any other member of your party is abusive, disruptive or behaves in a way that could cause damage or injury to others or affect their enjoyment of their vacation or which could damage property, we have the right to terminate your contract with us and we will have no further obligation or liability to you. Any charges levied for any damage caused to suppliers’ property will be your responsibility. We also request that cellphones are not used on the coach save for exceptional circumstances.
18. ADVERTISING ACCURACY: Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our advertisements and website information and pricing, regrettably errors do sometimes occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details when you receive your booking confirmation.
19. OTHER TERMS: On our vacations you are subject to the following requirements:
a) You may not bring a pet or animal on one of our vacations, however you may find dogs present in some hotels we may use which are dog friendly.
b) Please show consideration by ensuring any audio device does not disturb other passengers.
c) You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time for all pick-ups that are part of your vacation. We cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by clients because of their late arrival at any departure point.
d) In some foreign countries, standards of infrastructure, safety and hygiene may be lower than those to which you are accustomed in the US. You should therefore exercise greater care for your own protection. There may be countries that we visit that have special medical requirements for tourists. These regulations are subject to change and our customers are responsible for complying with entry and current health requirements. If you are not sure of the health requirements for the country you are visiting, you are advised to check with your own medical practitioner before traveling.
e) Although the coaches we use in Europe do have large luggage compartments, we have to adhere to regulations concerning the overall weight of fully laden vehicles. We would, therefore, ask you to restrict your luggage to one medium sized suitcase weighing no more than eighteen kilograms (forty pounds). We cannot accept responsibility at any time for hand luggage. You must ensure that your luggage adheres to the requirements of the airline you are flying with.
f) As with all personal items, it is your responsibility to ensure your suitcase is on board the plane or coach as relevant. Please make sure you see the driver place your luggage into the coach. We cannot accept responsibility for misplaced or damaged luggage unless through our proven negligence.
g) We cannot carry any additional luggage items on our coaches in Europe with the exception of collapsible walking aids. However, due to weight and space restrictions we can only accommodate a maximum of 2 walking aids on the coach; either collapsible wheelchairs or collapsible walking frames or one of each, the maximum weight of any aid must not exceed 15kg. You must reserve a space at the time of booking and this will be confirmed on our correspondence to you. We reserve the right not to carry any walking aids that are not pre-booked. We regret we cannot accept mobility scooters or motorized wheelchairs. Please ensure that you follow instructions given to you by our driver or tour manager during the vacation with regard to luggage and personal effects; failure to so and any courier costs therefore incurred will be your responsibility. You must check with the airline if you wish to bring these on your flight.
h) Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and the consumption of alcohol is not allowed on coaches operating our vacations. If you ignore this rule and thereby cause inconvenience, distress or disappointment to other passengers, you may be asked to leave.
i) Some excursions are included in the price and refunds cannot be made for passengers unable to participate in these excursions for whatever reason.
j) Admission fees to buildings, grounds, guided tours and use of leisure facilities are not always included in the price of the vacation.
k) Journeys on heritage railways cannot be guaranteed to operate under steam regardless of how we describe or depict them.
l) Please note that drivers of our coaches are not insured to assist you with your luggage and therefore any assistance given to you by your driver is at your own risk.
m) We do not consider our type of vacation suitable for children under five years of age. Unfortunately, due to our keen prices, we are unable to offer any child discounts. Any passengers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
n) On our vacations any tour commentaries will be provided orally in English.
19. EMERGENCY CONTACT: The emergency contact details for Just Go Vacations are +44 (0)333 321 9939.
20. GOVERNING LAW: This agreement is governed by and is to be construed according to the laws of the State of New York that apply to agreements made in that state, without regard to its choice of law provisions.
Just Go Vacations, Llc, 27 North Chestnut Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
Publication Date: 28 January 2020.